Sunday, August 17, 2014

Letter to a newly single mother

Dear single mother, i see you there. With your sad eyes, and your tear stained cheeks. I see you there with your heavy heart and the weight of the world on your shoulders..

I know that youre scared, and i know that youre feeling alone.. i know that your world has just been flipped upside down, and you're not even really sure where to turn from here.I know that Your heart aches for that sense of security, and that sense of knowing things will be okay..

I know that You may of lost not only your romantic partner, but your best friend too. You may of lost your home and your lifestyle..or you may of been a single mother from the start because your child's father couldn't handle the challenges of parenthood. 

You're probably sitting there rocking your baby to sleep, wondering how this happened..or you may be wrestling your 3 year old to try to get them to take nap, wishing you had someone to come help you out, maybe youre thay mom whose struggling to make ends meet, or maybe you're the mom running late from work, rushing to make it to pick up your son from school in time.

or maybe you're that mom laying on the bathroom floor crying begging God for a saving grace to help to just help you get through this..

No matter what stage of motherhood youre in though, one things still remains the same for all single mothers..its that you are not alone. And that you're stronger than your struggles.  

Being a single parent is one of the hardest emotional battles you will face, and I know because I have first hand experience. But there is no other time of my life that I am more proud of than when I was a single mother..if I could give you one piece of advice to get you through this, I would say to just breathe. Take a second from your busy life and just breathe. No matter what position you're in, at the end of the day you still have your babies to hold and love..i know its really hard to pretend to be strong enough to fight this battle, while feeling like you're just waiting and waiting for someone to come along and tell you you're doing it right, and for someone to tell you its gonna be okay.. Well here I am telling you, you're doing amazing.. And you will be okay. I promise you that.. 


Every single day will be a new struggle, but you have to put that aside and focus on what's most important, your kids..you can either chose to look at this as a blessing or as a burden. The choice is yours as to whether you let this become a growing opportunity, opening up your heart to new things, or an obstacle that holds you back from living your life and being the best mother you can be.. You have to take care of yourself in order to take care of your kids properly.. There will be those days when you feel like you've failed, but in the eyes of your children, you are their hero.. And to them you are super mom.. I always tell myself that on the hard days..


Just looking back at how far my daughter and i have both come, gives me so much hope. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuild our lives.. And one thing I always cling onto is that saying "it can't rain forever" because its true. It will not be this hard and this painful forever. Eventually you will fall into a routine and you'll start to find happiness in other ways.


Who knows maybe you'll find love again one day, but if you don't, just know that your kids will always love you, and one day when they are old enough to realize what you've done for them, all of this pain and struggle will be worth it.  

But Always remember that no matter where this life takes you, god is always on your side. He will always love you and your children. 

And always remember that no matter who you are, if you need someone to talk to that I am always available whether it be on Facebook, Instagram, or twitter. I may not always give the beat advice, or always have the right answers, but I can promise you a shoulder and a listening ear that doesn't pass judgment. I may not be able to stop the downpour but I can join you for a walk in the rain so you don't have to go through it alone. Even if you live in another state, country, anything.. I'm always here. 

Instagram: @wilddaisies.xohh

Twitter: @fearlessmomymel

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/melissa.monk.98?ref=bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment