Saturday, August 22, 2015

Letter to someone who hasn't learned to spread their wings yet


I see you standing there, looking in the mirror, hating the person looking back at you..cursing your "imperfect skin" and "imperfect hair" or your "imperfect stretch marks".. Wishing you were thinner, tanner, or "prettier".. I see you, and I feel for you. I understand you wish you were different but I am here to tell you that you're beautiful the way you are. Believe it or not. I used to be the same way. I used to stare at myself and hate everything about myself. But I learned to love who I am and the way I look. God gave me that gift and I'm here to share it with you. 

 I have never really been the type of person who felt the need to attract someone with my body. Especially now..my body is not a "10", or whatever, I prefer not to be in a tiny bikini, but that doesn't mean I have to hate my body. I have stretch marks from me sacrificing my body to bring a beautiful little girl into this world.. I don't like the way they look but they don't make me hate my body. I've come to terms with the fact that I don't have a "amazing" body like a model. But I have something that's better than that.

 I have self confidence and that attracts people. (Not that models don't have that,lol but you get my point) I have a beautiful personality that people love and I'm not afraid to stand out. My pastor once said "that if attract someone with your body, you'll have to keep them with your body" and that just stuck with me.. When my daughter grows up, that's what I want her to live by. I don't ever want her to feel like she isn't beautiful because she doesn't think she has an amazing body or long hair or perfect skin. 

But loving yourself is so much deeper than just loving your body..There has been so many people who've come in and out of my life who made me feel bad about myself and who I was and because I made mistakes in my past that I was essentially worthless or "damaged goods". I let people brainwash me into believing that about my self and I was miserable. When I made the choice to love myself, I made the decision to walk away from anyone or anything that ever made me feel that way. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make but it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. 

I love the woman that I've become and I love the wings that I've grown. The moment I decided to spread my wings and fly was the moment my life changed dramatically. I began helping other people more and more, and that also helped my self confidence and my self worth grow. Scars from my past have healed and my heart has become full from helping other mothers see their worth. When you stand up and share your story in an inspiring way, you help others as well as yourself heal. And that has and always will be my ultimate goal. I've become kinder, stronger, braver, and all around more happy because I've chosen to see my worth versus the person other people try to make me out to be. The moment I decided to stop taking things so personally, and stop making myself the victim was the moment my soul was set free from anger and hurt that other people throw towards me. I came to the realization that the only person who can control my happiness and my attitude is me. And I chose to go through life loving myself and my body and alllllll of my flaws. They make me who i am. 

So what do you say, are you willing to give it try and see your worth? I can promise you, it's life changing..✨

Love always, 

Melissa 💗

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this..i just wanted to put it out there that I am willing to help ANYONE who needs some help finding their self worth. Message me on any of my social media accounts, I promise to do my best to make you feel heard And understood. You're not alone and I'm gonna stand by you. ☺️  oh and when you get a have, listen to this song below. It's life changing I promise 😍👏🏻🙌🏻 



  




No comments:

Post a Comment