Monday, October 5, 2015

To my best friends other best friend:

Hey you, 

I know you probably think I'm envious of the way you make her smile, Or the way you take the pain away when she's hurting.. I'm sure you probably think I'm upset because sometimes she spend more time with you than she does with me, or that she turns to you sometimes for support instead of me, but I'm here to tell you that's not true. I'm here to tell you thank you. Thank you for loving her when I cannot. You probably think I'm jealous of you..but You see, my best friend and I, we go way back. We met when we were little girls and we've grown into women, together. There are often times that I am unable to be there for her, especially now that I am a single mother fighting to make a future for my daughter. But that's where I'm thankful. I'm thankful that she has someone who loves her in the same way that I do when I cannot be there. I'm thankful that she has someone to wipe her tears and someone to tear up the town with when she feels like going out in the spur of the moment. I'm grateful that you love her in ways I cannot. You and I are completely differently people and we bring different qualities to the table. There are things that she will only turn to you for, and there are things she will only turn to me for. And that's okay.  It makes me so happy seeing her so happy with you and knowing that she is always taken care of between the two of us. She is so blessed to have two women that care about her so much. I'll admit at first I was a little jealous, but then I realized that this was not about me. It was about her and how she needed someone when I couldn't be there. I left her in the dark at times because I had so much going on in my life that I could barely focus on anything. She wasn't trying to replace me and neither were you. We both come from different walks of life and I truly believe she needs someone like you that keeps her heart healthy, So thank you, I truly do appreciate you and admire everything you do for her. 


Love always, 
Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment